Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Why I hate people...

Some days I just can't take working in retail.

After the store closed today and I was getting ready to lock the door, this woman and her son pushed their way in.

"We know exactly what we want," she lies, which I only find out when I take her to the Study Aid section and she, in fact, has NO IDEA what she wants, and wants to look at everything.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, we closed five minutes ago, and we're taking our registers down, so if you don't know what you need, then you need to leave."

And I'm ignored. So I sent one of my male booksellers, who chased her out. And at the registers, while checking out, she asked for calendars, and took her sweet ass time.

It was all I had not to tell her to get the FUCK out of my store and never come back.

I don't need that kind of bullshit from you, especially when I was NICE and let you in when I could have just told you to leave.

My mom says I should have called the police.

BLARGH. People suck. I think everyone should be REQUIRED to work in the service industry (retail or food service) and get treated like CRAP by someone. Then there would be a lot less assholes in the world.

Rant over. Thanks for reading!

<3 K

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, your last comment I have said many, many times myself.

    I hate people like that lady! When I worked as a manager for Bath & Body Works we had to deal with that kind of crap all the time because the company had a policy that you were not allowed to lock your doors (or turn people away) until every customer in the store was gone after closing time. Can I tell you how much that absolutely sucked during the holiday season? It was especially bad at the first store I worked at because it was a strip mall. Plus it was in one of those areas where people have too much money and they think it entitles them to act however they want.

    Sorry for the rant lol! But, dude, sympathies.

    ReplyDelete