Wednesday, June 23, 2010

OMG! A post about knitting!

Haha, can you stand it?  So this one is actually going to be about the hat I'm knitting for myself.  I'm making the Topi Hat from Knitty right now.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out so far.

This is how it looks so far, and I'm pretty excited that it looks so good.  I will model it on my head as soon as it's finished.  The design calls for buttons on the brim, but I'm thinking I might do crochet flowers instead in one of my other cotton yarns.  I'll have to see how the colors work together.

I just think it is a nice, fun hat that works well for summer (it's cotton).

I'm also really proud of myself because I had to learn a new technique to make it work.  (And I love that you can see my laundry basket back there in the picture).  Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment