Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Ok, Ok, I get it.

I know that someday, when I'm a teacher, I will be wishing for snow days just like the kids do. I know I will because I enjoy them. Except that it's stressful to have them when working in retail (as a manager) because you have to fight to justify them.

I don't think I should have to fight with someone to not come in to work when there is fifteen inches of snow on the ground where I live, but I do.

I think part of my problem is that I'm so frustrated by the dichotomy of what I'm doing now, and what I'm going to be doing in about 2 years.

Anyway, the point of this post was to complain about the snow. Yes, I get it, Mother Nature, you can make a lot of snow really quickly. We've seen this before. I remember missing school for a good week in 1996 because of the weather. It was lovely. But I'm over it now. I've had enough.

Please, please, please stop. Or at the very least, divert the one that's coming on Monday to somewhere that's not NJ.

Please.

2 comments:

  1. I miss the days when snow days were more fun than stressful. I mean, they're not as stressful for me as for you, but still - they used to be more fun.

    If they declare a state of emergency, THEN do you get to win the argument?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably not, since I'm pretty sure there was a state of emergency on Saturday. Meh - the snow season only lasts a month, right?

    ReplyDelete