Monday, May 31, 2010

Move along, Baby, and reasons why my new job rocks (so far)

June 1st. Babywatch 2010 has been under way for well over a week at this point (in my mind anyway... really the baby has only been due since Friday). I really just can't wait to meet my niece or nephew in person, and for that kid to stop kicking my BFF in the ribs! :)

Meanwhile, in my personal life, well, nothing exciting. I no longer feel stupid in my new job - I think I've got a pretty good handle on the stuff specific to this job that I didn't have any prior experience with, or at least I don't suck too bad at it (I'm thinking specifically of the drive thru, here. I keep getting put on it, so I guess I'm at least passable at it).

I nearly lost my shit today though when a customer called her drink a "crappuccino" today. She rolls up to the drive thru and is describing this drink that has ice and caramel and whip cream and it's "F-L-A-T" but it's a cappuccino... so, I convince her to come to the window and have someone else listen in to see if I'm crazy, but no, I'm not, and we finally get to the drink she really wants, and she's like "right, a crappuccino." And when she finally got her drink, she told me her life story. Really nice lady, too, so it was really hard for me to not laugh my ass of at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment