Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Community

One of the things that I love the most about my current job is that we encounter some of the nicest customers that I have ever met.  I guess the one thing about getting your coffee from the same place every day (sometimes more than once), is that you really get to know the people who make it for you, and you start to care about them.

I have a few customers that I really care about.  I've been at this place a little more than three months and I already feel part of a family, and I think that's beautiful.  Sure it can be dysfunctional, and occasionally annoying (like any good family), but the good bits outweigh the bad bits any day of the week.

I'm just amazed at the awesomeness of some of the people that have come into my life because of this job.

3 comments:

  1. It's rare to hear someone actually say n*nice* things about their job. GOOD FOR YOU HONEY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to echo Annah. Good for you. Most people bitch, so it's refreshing to hear someone say they actually like their job for once.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to both of you!

    I try really hard to filter out the bad and only let the good things matter.

    ReplyDelete