Friday, September 17, 2010

Putting Filters on Life

How do you make sure that only the good things matter in your life?  

I guess not every does that, or the world would probably be a much more pleasant place, but I try every day to let the bad things of that day leave with that day and just let them go.  Of course, I'm only human, and very often annoyances and hurt feelings will continue on into new days, but I really do try to let the things that I know won't matter once I forget about them go.  

Like if someone is upset at me because of something that I can't control, I try to let it go.  I try not to dwell on gossip and bad feelings because I remember what it was like to be in a job that made me want to cry every single day I worked there, and part of the reason for that is because I let everything get to me.  Even making less money know, I'm so much happier and less stressed out.  

I'm genuinely curious, so please, comment away.  


2 comments:

  1. I really admire this attitude, and every time someone (or me!) gets upset by something they have no control over, I remember a conversation you and I had some years ago now where you shared this with me, so thanks for that! :) I can't say I always succeed since I'm only human too, but I do try and feel a lot more peaceful when I do let things go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Life is what you make of it and if you let the bad haunt you, what sort of life is that? (I have a husband who is mostly one of those people) I am very much a water-under-the-bridge kind of gal and really try not to let things bother me for more than a moment. Of course, I am nowhere near perfect at it, but at least I try (and succeed more than occasionally!).

    ReplyDelete